Thread: Pole display

Meyer's Keep Guest

Pole display

I am setting up my system now. I got a Partner 7220 un with usb connection. I have installed the included usb driver, but the display doesn't communicate with the system. when I try to output to the display, the test message goes to the printer, which is connected to the serial port. I realize that I have made an error somewhere, but I need help in finding it.

Thanks,
    Ed

You need to set up the generic text only printer driver and point that port to the pole display. We recommend that you get a serial pole display because of issues with usb. However, I have had success with usb by installing a 'usb to serial' driver. From there you configure the generic text only printer driver to print on whatever port your pole display is on. To test this, you just need to print a test page in the print driver and you should see text scroll across the display. You then load that printer driver in as the display pole driver.
    Business Software Solutions, Inc.
    (801) 336-3303

Meyer's Keep Guest

pole display operation

I did that, and I can send a test message to the pole fine. When I pointed the POS Software at the driver, it didn't work. I looked through all the screens to find out if there was a flag anywhere to tell the software there was a pole present. I found one place in the touch pos pages, and set that flag. The display did work once after that, displaying the discription and price of the first item scanned, but it has held that display ever since.

Make sure the print job in the actual print driver didn't get hung up. If it did, delete that print job and try it again.

The fact that you got something to display tells me that everything is set up correctly.
    Business Software Solutions, Inc.
    (801) 336-3303