Thread: epson tm-t85 and widows xp

serpicos Guest

epson tm-t85 and widows xp

i am having major problems getting this printer to work with xp.
    i've read relevant posts, and generic text & paper selctions to NA suggestions did not work on one of the three computers.
    do xp drivers exist?
    i moved non-printing printer to computer with working printer and it printed. i moved cable from non-working printer/computer to computer with working printer and rebooted, windows recovered from a serious error, rebooted then it printed. then moved known good printer and cable to non-printing computer, would not boot up,rebooted then "error printing to generic text printer". cables are DB25 to DB9. windows shows com1,2 ports have no conflicts.
    do other cable options exist? usb? printer port Lpt1?
    will tm-t85 be compatable with the BPA software once xp is tricked into accepting printer?

please advise.

any help appreciated.

billmh Guest
    I think if you read other posts about printers, the USB printers may not work. Serial and Parallel will. Your 25 to 9 pin cable is OK, as long as the cable is good.

If you cannot print to the serial and you have verified the cable is not bad and the printer does work, then there has to be a problem with the port. Either it is not turned on in the bios, or a conflict. If you have not done so, check the Device manager and look at the ports. Make sure the com1 is there, or com2 as the case. See what port your modem is on and make sure the printer is not on it.