Thread: network kitchen printer problems

Bruce Guest

network kitchen printer problems

Hello,
    First time posting. cant get my networked kitchen printer to print with BPA, I can ping it and print test page. I loaded the printer in misc. definitions in cooks #1 printer. When I print to "send to cook" it still prints to local LPT1 printer. Any ideas?

Thanks

billmh Guest
    Is the printer on a computer or are you using a print server? If the later, have you installed the print server software? If so, you should be able to select your printer, go to properties, select ports, Add a port. Select Network as type. You should see the print server and select it. Then go back to ports and select that instead of LPT1.

Oh, the other thing is whether or not you are going to use TCP IP or IPX network protocols. The print servers can go either way. I used IPX because it seemed simpliar at the time. You just have to make sure that the IPX protocol is installed in your network. Right click on your network and view installs.

If you use TCPIP then make sure the printserver is setup to Obtain an IP address or assign one.

Hope this helps.

It may just be a RJ-45 interface printer. Does this printer plug straight into the router/hub? If so then you need to set up a new port inside of windows printers. It would be a TCP/IP port and you need to plug in that same ip address that you can ping. I usually have issues with these printers when people first set them up. I end up sending most of them to epson to get assistance. I would say call them and have one of their techs walk you through getting this printer to print a test page under the Generic/Text Only print driver.
    Business Software Solutions, Inc.
    (801) 336-3303