Thread: Backup Error 1102

fronch Guest

Backup Error 1102

When trying to complete the backup of the data files, the message "Error 1102: cannot create file... " comes up. Please contact your system administrator.

What does error 1102 mean?

It is being backed up to an E: drive and there were no problems before. The E: drive is a USB Flash Drive - could it be something wrong with the drive or is it the program.

Please advise.

Thanks,

The flash drive is probably having difficulty writing to a specific spot in its memory or is running out of memory and is unable to write the file.

You could also just copy the entire bpa folder on the server's drive to your backup media after using a compression utility such as WinZip, WinRAR, or if you have Windows XP it has it own built in Zip compression utility. I recommended this way of backing up over the other because you a backup of all files not just the data files.
    Joe

BSS Tech Support Manager / Software Engineer

ufdk03 Guest

Lightbulb Answer for 1102 Backup error

I ran into the same error trying to backup files to a new flashdrive. It stated the error message and it couldn't write the file. Now I looked and saw that it tried to backup to the (DRIVE):\BPABCK folder. If you manually create a BPABCK folder on the root of where you want to back up the files, the backup will then work. For some reason, it is not creating the folder on its own.

Like Joe said a post up or two, the best way to back-up bpa is to just copy the whole bpa folder. This way, you can just dump the bpa folder into the root of c and that restores all of the data.

I highly recommend that you do your back-ups this way
    Business Software Solutions, Inc.
    (801) 336-3303

ufdk03 Guest

Question Question on software

Then shouldn't the actual software backup function be repaired in the programming of the app and an update made available?

I was just trying to give fronch an answer as to what will allow the software to work as written...

All of the testing on this feature indicates that it is working ok. If anyone would like to use the bpa backup feature and is having issues, I would suggest that you contact us for an update on the software. This should fix any issues.
    Business Software Solutions, Inc.
    (801) 336-3303