Thread: Liquor/Mixed Drink Sales

billmh Guest

Liquor/Mixed Drink Sales

Is anyone using the program to track mixed drinks and liquor inventory? How do you have it set up? BPA has the drink recipe database for $200 which we may buy, but first I thought to try it myself.

I have all the alcohol as a menu selection set up for a single 1.5oz draw from inventory. Want a double, just select the option to dupe the first order. It willl show up as 2 whatever.

We charge $4.50 for a magarita made with well tequila.

If someone askes for a Margarita. You select Tequila (well) or a call tequilla. That charges the well price (in this case $3)or call price for the alcohol.

Then a Mixed Recipe side menu pops up and has the recipes in it such as Margarite, Martini etc. Selecting Margarita adds a $1.50. Then the mix modifier pops on with such things as coke, water tonic, etc. In this case you can select Frozen or on the Rocks.

The ticket just looks funny because it shows tequila as the order, and Margarita as a side. The key here is the price comes out correctly and all the inventory assigned are deducted.

Any other ideas out there,

Bill

Silver Buck Guest

Thumbs up

I like the way you have yours set up. In the State of Minnesota, sales tax is charged at a different rate for alcohol than for modifiers. If its that way where you live, (or all over for that matter) it makes a more fair. You pay what the value is for the alcohol in the drink at a different % than the modifiers.

I haven't figured out how to get a report to show me that yet, but should be able to figure it out.

Bill

billmh Guest
    In NM, sales tax is all the same. The problem I ran into and it ended up a brick wall was the bar tenders. They did not wnat to end up with all the change from sales tax. I was darned if I would change all the pricing to pull out sales tax so when it was chaged the drink came out to a whole dollar. Anyway, the owner gave in, so I am turning the tax off liquopr and they will calcuate it manually.

Also, I made a menu item for Mixed drinks and added all the routine drinks so the bar tenbder only had to hit one button. Maybe if I made them make all the changes they would see it my way. And I am doing it for free!

Pillars Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver Buck View Post
    I like the way you have yours set up. In the State of Minnesota, sales tax is charged at a different rate for alcohol than for modifiers. If its that way where you live, (or all over for that matter) it makes a more fair. You pay what the value is for the alcohol in the drink at a different % than the modifiers.

I haven't figured out how to get a report to show me that yet, but should be able to figure it out.

Bill
    Hi~
    I am also trying to set up the software for use in MN with a restarurant/bar - I am a bit confused on the different tax rate for alcohol. Have you figured out anything that works well for you?
    I would be interested in talking with someone in MN who is using this system. Thanks for any help you can give me.