Thread: Migrate to new PC

CBUM Guest

Migrate to new PC

Whats the easiest way to migrate the software from the old original XP machine to a new windows 8 64 bit machine? Is there a place I should get the latest software to update my current software? We just upgraded our payment gateway via BPA remote support. I assume that will need to be moved over as well. IS there a tutorial I can read to help me migrate or would it be better to start fresh and then restore my backup to the new machine? Thanks in advance.

First things first, backup your data! From here, it's very straightforward. You can either copy the entire bpa folder over to the new machine and update or just install a fresh copy of bpa on the new machine and copy your data over. Our tech support staff can assist you with all of this from start to finish.

(801) 336-3303
    M-F 8:30am to 5:00pm MST
    Business Software Solutions, Inc.
    (801) 336-3303

CBUM Guest
    Thanks for the quick reply. If i copy the folder over and run up the program will i need to reapply a key? Reason I ask is if i do then i may want to do the switchover during the open hours for support. I am on the east coast and my business opens before the support office opens. I also will need to have my credit card payment program migrated too and I would like it to be seamless.

Yes, you will need a new server license. It may or may not ask for a software key. I highly recommend that you do this during their regular hours.
    Business Software Solutions, Inc.
    (801) 336-3303