Thread: Posting payments

nmrbol Guest

Posting payments

Whenever I post payments received, the system ALWAYS posts it to the same checking account even if I enter a different account number. It says in the manual that we have the ability to post to any bank account if we have multiples, but my system doesn't seem to do this.
    Could somebody PLEASE advise me on this; I have yet to receive any answer to any question I've posted.

Thank you.

Przym Guest
    I am able to post customer payments to more than one account. I click on Post Customer Payments, then click on Post A/R Check and Cash Payments, then on the next screen change the posting date if you want and then change the default account number to whatever you want. It has worked every time for me.

nmrbol Guest
    I don't understand--that's exactly how I've been doing it, but no matter what account I type in, the system always posts it to my main checking account. I always have to do a journal entry to correct my accounts.

I even set up a 2nd company just to play with the numbers and test this, and it does the same thing.