Thread: Question on Setup of BPA and 4 client network

mbreton Guest

Question Question on Setup of BPA and 4 client network

Good Day,

Quick Question? I have been hired to install your BPA pro sw/hw bundle on three Dell Touchscreens with cash drawers and two receipt printers for the restaurant. This is a fresh install and they do have not previous accounting so I will help create the accounting modules by importing xls or csv data where applicable. The equipment has been shipped and the DSL will be installed today.
    We also have an 8 port hub for the network. I don't have the manual but assume that the BPA pro sits on the c drive of the server and the clients have red/write access to that C drive and certain folders are copied to the client drives a BPA folder of some kind. I am a tech with some experience and want to make sure I don't forget something common that your team his seen.
    Any suggestions or comments are appreciated.

Thanks
    Last edited by mbreton; 01-19-2005 at 01:42 PM.

cbycompserv Guest
    Hi There,

I don't work for BPA, but am a fellow consultant tasked with a similar project. It works fine, all I can suggest is to make sure that on the server, make sure that BPA is installed onto c:\bpa and you share the whole C drive. From there on, it is surprisingly easy.

Is there a good market for bpa in Austin? - I might be looking to move back there in a year or so.

cbycompserv Guest

P.S The manual is on the CD

The manual is on the CD that BPA is installed on - it's a pdf - yep - surprised me too.

tmdavenport Guest

Which folders require access on the server

I'm just in the process of setting up my own network. I installed the software in the root of C, gave view access to the whole drive, and read/write/execute access to the bpa folder, and after running the netsetup on a workstation get a message that files are in use.

Which other specific folders does bpa require access to?

I would rather NOT give my cashiers full read/write/execute access to the WHOLE root of my server? Bit of a security risk if you ask me.

Re: Which folders require access on the server

Originally posted by tmdavenport
    Which other specific folders does bpa require access to?

I would rather NOT give my cashiers full read/write/execute access to the WHOLE root of my server? Bit of a security risk if you ask me.
    There should be a hidden folder on the servers C: drive. It is called 'sysfile' and your clients need to have full read/write access to this folder
    Business Software Solutions, Inc.
    (801) 336-3303