Thread: Quick Question

TripleM1978 Guest

Quick Question

I have BPA software Version 8 for Windows which I am attempting to use for a small sports trading card business, primarily online through auctions and a website being constructed. I use a laptop when I attend trade shows and use a desktop PC all other times. I want to install BPA on an external hard drive, due to the size and the ability to use it on both PC's. How can I do this? When I attempt to install the software, it only allows default to the "C" drive. I have tried to install the data on both computers, and backup on one, restore on the other, but it does not work. I use the laptop because I often need my inventory at the shows as most of my inventory does not travel with me.

Any ideas?

Thanks
    -Jim

Jim,

Try this, copy the ENTIRE BPA folder from your PC's C drive onto the root of the external drive. After you have done this RENAME the BPA folder on the PC and Laptop's C drive to something like BPA.BAK. Then create a shortcut to the BPA.EXE file in the BPA folder on the external hard drive on both the laptop and the PC or change the properties of the existing shortcut to point to the directory and BPA.EXE on the external drive.

Let me know if this works for you.
    Joe

BSS Tech Support Manager / Software Engineer

Unhappy Single Computer

I tried setting up on the external drive but I get the message saying I changed servers and need a new license number when I try to use it on the other computer from the one that it was copied from.
    Martybwb

Quick Question

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    Jim,

Try this, copy the ENTIRE BPA folder from your PC's C drive onto the root of the external drive. After you have done this RENAME the BPA folder on the PC and Laptop's C drive to something like BPA.BAK. Then create a shortcut to the BPA.EXE file in the BPA folder on the external hard drive on both the laptop and the PC or change the properties of the existing shortcut to point to the directory and BPA.EXE on the external drive.

Let me know if this works for you.
    Hi BSS Tech Support team I am also facing the same issue and I tried what you suggested to Jim. But it's not work for me

It is important to note that you move the BPA folder to the root of external the drive. EXAMPLE: x:\bpa where x is the external drive that you are moving the folder to. There are also other complications if you change the name of the BPA folder.

Mike
    Tech Support
    Business Software Solutions
    801-336-3303