Thread: Retail POS

tuica Guest

Retail POS

Hello,

I was thinking about using your retail POS module to sell fish by the pound. I have a Cas Scale with an RS232 port. I do not see a button on the retail side to read the weight from the scale. I see where I can do that on the Resturaunt side but not on the retail side. Is this possible?

thank you,

Erik

Yes, on the retail side (touch pos), you set your products up with the "sell by weight" option in the product definition. When you select that product, you'll see the weight scale screen come up automatically.
    Business Software Solutions, Inc.
    (801) 336-3303

tuica Guest

thanks

Thanks Tyson!

tuica Guest

scale trouble

I know this is a not a software issue but I was wondering if you coud offer a suggestion. When I connect the serial cable to the scale and to the PC, the display on the scale goes blank. Am I missing something? MAybe I have the wrong cable. Have you got any expereince with this scale?

Thanks

Erik

I do know that the scales need to be set up on com1. From there, we have a scale type option in misc. definitions. You need to select the type of scale you are using.
    Business Software Solutions, Inc.
    (801) 336-3303

tuica Guest

nevermind

I contacted Cas and they sent me the specs to build a cable. Thanks you.

Quote Originally Posted by tuica View Post
    I know this is a not a software issue but I was wondering if you coud offer a suggestion. When I connect the serial cable to the scale and to the PC, the display on the scale goes blank. Am I missing something? MAybe I have the wrong cable. Have you got any expereince with this scale?

Thanks

Erik