Thread: getting POS systems out of storage to use again....

TravisZ Guest

getting POS systems out of storage to use again....

I have two POS systems from businesses that closed over a year ago and I would like to get them up and running again very soon in a different business with multiple locations. One system was 3 stations and the other I believe was a 6 station with several handhelds. Each station has PC, receipt printer, touchscreen, credit card reader, and cash drawer. There's also a few kitchen printers.

Questions I have are:

1) Do you carry or recommend legal for trade gram scales?
    2) handheld barcode scanners?
    3) label printer?
    4) What will I need to do to setup a new account for our first location and what will I have to do for each additional location?
    5) Do you have or is there a plan for an iphone app?
    Last edited by TravisZ; 05-18-2010 at 04:02 PM.

1) Do you carry or recommend legal for trade gram scales?
    - We have certified scales that weigh in ounces and pounds.

2) handheld barcode scanners?
    - For remote inventory, we integrate with a Percon unit. As far as wireless barcode scanners for ringing in items, we have a blue tooth wireless scanner that we use here in our office. I don't believe we sell the unit so if you can find one, make sure it emulates a keyboard when you scan. We may be able to special order if you are interested.

3) label printer?
    -We carry Eltron barcode printers that print on 2" and 4"(pizza delivery) labels.

4) What will I need to do to setup a new account for our first location and what will I have to do for each additional location?
    -I do know that you will need a separate account for each location. Contact our office, they can explain everything. (801) 336-3303

5) Do you have or is there a plan for an iphone app?
    -We have started development on an iPhone application for placing restaurant orders. I believe after we release, we're going to push the application to other platforms (i.e. Android, Blackberry, etc.) The time frame on this is unknown at this time.
    Business Software Solutions, Inc.
    (801) 336-3303

Evan Guest

How about Palm OS?

For us Pre users?

Currently we have nothing for Palm OS.
    (801) 336-3303

Evan Guest

Any Progress

Tyson:

Any progress on the iphone/ipad app? I know the android app is still under development..

Our plans have shifted since this last post. Currently, Android is the only mobile OS we are developing for. I still don't have any sort of release date for this but I'm hoping sooner than later.
    (801) 336-3303

Evan Guest

Thanks

Thanks for the update- Android is just fine for me- that's what we use. Waiting anxiously..

As for barcode scanner, wireless one might be the one works best. Intermec CK3 or some other model of this type is recommended.
    And label printer, Zebra thermal Barcode Printer should be capable eough.