Thread: Wish List

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Evan Guest

Smile Wish List

As a relatively new user of the BPA software, I have, over the past weeks asked how to do several things, to be told that the software does not support such a function. I have been told, however, that the company will incorporate user requests into future versions, so I decided to start this thread as a place to put such requests. The software is really fantastic, but of course, it would be great if new versions could help us with some of our growing pains.

1. Driver Bank. When our drivers come in in the morning, we typically give them a "bank" to use for change. It would be helpful to have a way to enter the amount given to them so that when they are cashed out at the end of the day, the bank amount is included in the total amount due.

2. Map Point Integration. As indicated above, we don't close out our driver orders until the end of their shift. If a driver has several open orders, and we try to get a Map Point map for a specific delivery, the software maps all of the open orders. It would be nice to have the choice of mapping "all" orders or just the one selected order.

3. Quickpay Timeout. When we use one of the orange buttons to close an order, a window opens that tells us how much change to give, it then counts down from 10 and closes the window. It would be nice to be able to control the length of the countdown, or shut it off altogether, leaving the window open until the OK button is clicked.

4. Reorder Tabs. I've created a "Quick Menu" on one of the tabs for fast transactions. Unfortunately, it's tab 4- so it's never on top unless we click the tab. I wanted to reorder the tabs so that the Quick Menu would be on tab 1, but there is no method for re-ordering the tabs. It would also be nice to add more tabs.

5. Open Item. Sometimes we need to send an order back that cannot be accomplished through the menu (i.e., unprogrammed items, special cir***stances, etc.). To do this, I've set up a button for a taxable transaction, but after you enter the amount, the function ends. It comes up as "Open Item" and waits for you to enter the next item. We then enter Specific Note lines to tell the chef exactly what we need. It would be nice to have a text window open after you enter the amount so that we wouldn't need to enter a million Specific Note lines for these orders.

6. Close Cash Drawer. When we count the cash at the end of the night, we have to put in the number of bills and coins- not the total. For bills, the math is pretty easy. But when I had to add six rolls of nickels to our count, it took some time to figure out how many nickels were in each roll (math is not my forte ). It would be nice to be able to enter the total dollar amount.

7. Drawer Start. Every night, we leave all change, and $200 cash in the register for the next morning. When we go to close the cash drawer at night, we have to go back to the previous days' reports and figure out how much was left. It would be nice if the software could (a) give a total of just change, and (b) allow us to enter the drawer start the night before so that it is already there when we click "Close Cash Drawer."

8. X-Report. Our old system had an "X-Report" function that reported all sales so far during the day. It reported anything that went through the computer- whether the order was closed or not. As stated above, we generally do not close our driver's orders until the end of their shift, so the Pre-Post Sales Report will not include that information. It would be nice to have a report that would let us know, at any point during the day, where we are, whether or not the tables are posted or orders are closed.

9. Deliveries as Open Orders. Again, with the deliveries. Until the driver deliveries are closed, they stay on the Open Order screen. It would be helpful if there was a way for them to come off that list once the delivery is assigned to a driver.

So that's it for now- I'm sure I'll add to this as time goes on. Like I said, the software itself is great, but these (seemingly simple) modifications will be very helpful to our way of operating. I hope others agree.

Thanks in advance for your consideration.

Evan Guest
    10. Ticket Printing. This is by far the biggest problem we are having. Because of the way we are set up, it gets very confusing when only certain items are printed on the Cook's tickets.

The Cook's ticket has to be matched up with the Pizza ticket, which both have to be matched up with the receipt from the receipt printer and things are going missing when the delivery person takes the delivery.

It would be extremely helpful if there was a toggle to "Print All Items" on the Cook's tickets- not just the items that come from each Cook.

Evan Guest
    11. Make Time. Often, people will call in the afternoon for an order to be picked up or delivered later in the day. It would be helpful to have a way to put a note at the top of the ticket: "READY AT 6:30."

Evan Guest
    12. Item Complete. Not nearly as important, but it would be handy to be able to see which orders in the open order list have been marked as "Order Complete" - an asterisk, italics- something- to show that the order is locked.

Evan Guest

Not really a new item..

See, I'm still trying to figure out a way to see "where we are" before all drivers orders and tables are posted (X-Report). As you know, when you run the standard reports, open items are not included.

On the main menu, there's a report called "VIEW OPEN ORDER HEADER." All of the open items are listed there, but there is no total. You can't even highlight the column and cut and paste into Excel. Would it be difficult to put totals at the bottom of that report?

JewlzBeads Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Evan View Post
    6. Close Cash Drawer. When we count the cash at the end of the night, we have to put in the number of bills and coins- not the total. For bills, the math is pretty easy. But when I had to add six rolls of nickels to our count, it took some time to figure out how many nickels were in each roll (math is not my forte ). It would be nice to be able to enter the total dollar amount.

7. Drawer Start. Every night, we leave all change, and $200 cash in the register for the next morning. When we go to close the cash drawer at night, we have to go back to the previous days' reports and figure out how much was left. It would be nice if the software could (a) give a total of just change, and (b) allow us to enter the drawer start the night before so that it is already there when we click "Close Cash Drawer."
    You are using Pizza Delivery and I'm using Touch Retail so I can't help you with most of your wish list, but I think we're the same on the cash drawer opening and closing. Yeah, it's a bit of a pain to have to count evey coin and bill in the till, but it is way more accurate than what you're suggesting. In retail, with sales of merchandise, I rarely work with round numbers and the cents can add up quickly if they're not counted properly. So here's what I do:

I made up a weekly form on an excel spread sheet that mirrors the Close Cash Drawer screen. It goes in my cash drawer under the coin tray. The employees who close at night are responsible for counting out the drawer and not only do they save the totals to the POS system, they write the next days counts down on the form. Then after they close the drawer, they go back into the system and set the drawer up in the system with the new counts. When they exit the screen, the second time they do not save. This leaves the starting day's total in the machine as well as written down on the paper. They can refer back to the written count from the previous day if there's ever a discrepancy.

It's easy to see at a glance when I'm running low on coins or bills. Also, at the end of the week, I have a written (and signed for) hard copy of the week's register activities. If you'd like a copy of my excel file, I'd be happy to share.

JewlzBeads Guest
    As for my wish list, BSS, I'd dearly love to see that Customer Loyalty card program working for Touch. I have customers begging me for them.