Thread: BPA Client on Windows 7 64 bit

Przym Guest

BPA Client on Windows 7 64 bit

I have a new computer running Windows 7 64 bit and when I run netsetup I get the error message network files not found.

I have clients setup up on other machines running XP and Vista and they work OK.

When I setup the client using the copybpa.bat. The files get copied, but when I run bpa I get an error message C:\bpa\comp_id.dbf does not exist.

Does BPA run on Windows 7?

BPA is fully compatible with Windows 7. I would imagine the problem being with the way you have your network drive set up or perhaps you need an update to support 64 bit.
    Business Software Solutions, Inc.
    (801) 336-3303

Przym Guest

Windows 7 64 bit

Quote Originally Posted by Tyson View Post
    BPA is fully compatible with Windows 7. I would imagine the problem being with the way you have your network drive set up or perhaps you need an update to support 64 bit.
    My network setup works fine for the computers running XP and Vista.

When I called to get an update to support I was told that since I had an older version I would need to sign up for the $30.00/month support or if I didn't want to do that I could pay approx $900.00 for the update.

Why would I pay $900 for an update when the program sells for less than $50.00 on e-bay?

Seems like a ripoff to me.

The software that is sold on Ebay is our current version and REQUIRES the $30 support and license fee and is enforced with a license key prompt every 3 months. If we were to upgrade you to the current version it also would be enforced with a license key every 3 months. The license fee gives you a site license to run the software networked at your location as well as gives you unlimited software support and software updates. The buyout option opts you out of the $30 dollars per month license fee but also opts you out of the unlimited software support and updates. And unfortunately these are your only 2 options.
    Joe

BSS Tech Support Manager / Software Engineer

Chicago1 Guest
    I know this thread is old, but I have two follow up questions. Is the price to buy out the software package still $900? Does the software require an internet connection to validate the key every 3 months?