Thread: Receipt prints item description but not price

ivantheviking Guest

Exclamation Receipt prints item description but not price

There was a crash on the computer. All the data was lost, the comp was reformatted (i didn't do it), installed all the drivers but I found and installed the printer driver.

They're using an Epson TM-T88IV thermal printer. I'm able to print a test page fine, yet when it comes to printing a regular receipt everything minus the price is printed...The description & the heading are all there.

I've tried looking in the definitions section of the POS software but there isn't anything that has to do with the price...at least from what I see. The software is version 8.0; build 3/18/2008

At this point I'm curious if its a software or driver issue. I installed the latest driver from the Epson tech site, there were two older drivers I'm considering giving a shot to see if there was an older driver installed on the computer before the crash.

....I'm also thinking something happening during the reformat so I'm probably just going to wipe it clean and start fresh. But if anyone has a clue about the not printing the price on the receipt..let me know

Make sure you are running the Generic/Text Only only print driver. It's required for bpa to print text properly on receipts.

The generic print driver is included in the list of manufacturers under the printer driver (choose driver) installation.
    Business Software Solutions, Inc.
    (801) 336-3303

ivantheviking Guest
    I took a screenshot of the epsontech website that offers the drivers for this printer. Is that the generic/text only driver? Or is it during installation that you can specify the difference?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...n/untitled.jpg

NEVERMIND. You mean the Xp drivers, I got it. Thank You! You just saved the day.
    Last edited by ivantheviking; 10-30-2009 at 12:38 PM. Reason: Figured it out

That is not the generic text only print driver. The generic text only print driver is included as a 'generic' driver in the windows printer installation area. If you choose 'add printer' - and then select a driver to install, the generic text only is under the manufacturer of 'generic'.

Quote Originally Posted by ivantheviking View Post
    I took a screenshot of the epsontech website that offers the drivers for this printer. Is that the generic/text only driver? Or is it during installation that you can specify the difference?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...n/untitled.jpg

NEVERMIND. You mean the Xp drivers, I got it. Thank You! You just saved the day.
    Business Software Solutions, Inc.
    (801) 336-3303