Thread: Reports and Business Hours

Chicago1 Guest

Reports and Business Hours

I'm running the demo of Business Plus Accounting Restaurant Professional v8.1.31.

I filled in the Default Report Start and End Time in Misc Definitions/Manager as 06:00:00 and 04:00:00. Under Misc Definitions/Prices I set all the days start/end times to the same thing.

Then I made two Quick Sales. The first quick sale at 15:00:00 on Oct 8. I exit the software and wait until 02:00:00 on Oct 9. I open the software, and make the second quick sale. I close the cash drawer and post the table sales.

I run a Daily Sales and Tips report for Oct 8, and it includes the sale I made at 2 AM on Oct 9. This is the expected behavior.

However, if I run a Restaurant Report/Monthly Sales for the month of Oct 2009, it shows the Oct 8 transaction on Oct 8 and the Oct 9 transaction on Oct 9. In other words, the software is using a calendar day to generate the report, instead of a business day. This is not the expected behavior.

Is this behavior by design or am I missing some step?

Thanks.

Since the daily sales and tips report only asks for a date/time range - we anticipate users wanting to see sales that go past midnight. The other report will show the information that happened on the specific date.

This is intentional by design.
    Business Software Solutions, Inc.
    (801) 336-3303

Chicago1 Guest
    I know this thread is old, but I wanted to follow up on it. I entered a few test transactions on the latest demo version of Business Plus Accounting Restaurant Professional and it seems as though the reporting issue I mentioned has been resolved.

In other words, the software now appears to be using a business day to generate the Restaurant Report/Monthly Sales report, instead of a calendar day. This is the expected behavior, but I wanted to check with you to confirm this change.

This is intentional just because some business's are open past midnight but want those sales recorded on the previous day. You can disable this in misc. definitions.
    Business Software Solutions, Inc.
    (801) 336-3303