Thread: 2 cash drawers

jodimark89 Guest

2 cash drawers

Hello, I would like to have two cash drawers on one system. 1 drawer is now being used as a till for daily business and the new one would be strickly for cash payouts. We have BPA restraunant Pro version 8 and are using value line MMf cash drawers. Is this posible? And if so, how do I set it up to open the second cash drawer for pay outs?

Thanks
    Last edited by jodimark89; 08-04-2009 at 08:48 AM.

You can do this in BPA no problem. My question is why? To have a drawer strictly for payouts seems like extra work to me. Why not just increase the beginning cash amount in your 1st drawer and do the payouts out of there? The system will track your payouts and deduct them automatically from the drawer through the count cash drawer function.

You won't have any issues doing this, you just need an additional station with a receipt printer attached. Once your drawer is hooked up, you then go into the misc def. area and change the cash drawer id number.
    Business Software Solutions, Inc.
    (801) 336-3303

jodimark89 Guest

The reason we need a second drawer is the amount of cash won't fit in a single drawer. I would like to hook up the second drawer to the current station without another printer. For this payout I don't need pay out tracking as it it for video lottery and the lottery machines print the pay out receipts for us. I am hoping we can add an icon to the current station to simply open the second cash drawer.

Thank you

I see! That makes perfect sense. I was thinking along the lines of traditional payouts for misc "run to the store items". Well, like I said, you just need an additional station with a receipt printer. From there the cash drawer hooks in and you're good to go.
    Business Software Solutions, Inc.
    (801) 336-3303