Thread: Error 1300 function name is missing

tuica Guest

Error 1300 function name is missing

I just added a cooks printer to BPA. When I push the button for send to cook i get an error message. "Error 1300 function name is missing" and the program exits while printing the ticket to the cooks printer. Also the cutter does not activate on the cooks printer. It's an Epson TM88-IV brand new with an ethernet interface. The printer is setup with the windows generic driver.

thanks,

Erik

That is an interesting error. I've never seen that before but it's possible that you are missing some file or have a corrupted .exe file. I don't know and it's hard to troubleshoot something like that over the forum. Now with the cutting, more than likely you are testing that out through the windows print driver. The cut-off string gets sent to the printer through bpa so it will not cut in the windows print driver.

To solve your first issue, I recommend that you call into BPA technical support. That way they can get additional information about the error and look at a fix for it.

(801) 336-3303
    Business Software Solutions, Inc.
    (801) 336-3303

tuica Guest

i called but no one called me back

Quote Originally Posted by Tyson View Post
    That is an interesting error. I've never seen that before but it's possible that you are missing some file or have a corrupted .exe file. I don't know and it's hard to troubleshoot something like that over the forum. Now with the cutting, more than likely you are testing that out through the windows print driver. The cut-off string gets sent to the printer through bpa so it will not cut in the windows print driver.

To solve your first issue, I recommend that you call into BPA technical support. That way they can get additional information about the error and look at a fix for it.

(801) 336-3303
    Thanks for the windows print driver info, yes I was testing through the windows printer driver.
    I called at 11:00am Eastern time. I am still waiting for a tech to call me back. Does BPA have an internet update I can get? I believe we may be a version or two behind. Thanks,

Erik
    Last edited by tuica; 07-27-2009 at 11:06 AM.

Dutchman Guest

tuica Guest

support

Quote Originally Posted by tuica View Post
    Thanks for the windows print driver info, yes I was testing through the windows printer driver.
    I called at 11:00am Eastern time. I am still waiting for a tech to call me back. Does BPA have an internet update I can get? I believe we may be a version or two behind. Thanks,

Erik
    Joe at support helped me out. There was a right parenthesis missing on a printer string.