Thread: Windows Vista

tuica Guest

Windows Vista

Hello,

I am adding a second terminal for a customer and the terminal has Windows Vista pre-installed. Does BPA work with Vista?
    I'm having trouble installing BPA using netsetup on the Vista terminal. Drive Z is mapped to c:\ on the main terminal. I get a message saying network files not found. When I run netsetup there is a / in the box for source files, and I change that to Z and I get files not found.
    thanks,

Erik

The current version of BPA is compatible with windows vista. If you are having problems with this, it usually means that you have the drive mapping set up incorrectly or you are missing a file on your server called "filelist.dbf". That filelist file has a list of files that are transferred over to the client machine.

I think the best thing here to do is call in to technical support to troubleshoot because it sounds like you have everything set up ok.

(801) 336-3303
    Business Software Solutions, Inc.
    (801) 336-3303

tuica Guest

Got it

I got it figured out. There is a user account access controll setting that I turned off on the Vista computer. Vista always warns you about running a program off the network, so I found out how to disable that warning. I ran netsetup from Z and all is well. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyson View Post
    The current version of BPA is compatible with windows vista. If you are having problems with this, it usually means that you have the drive mapping set up incorrectly or you are missing a file on your server called "filelist.dbf". That filelist file has a list of files that are transferred over to the client machine.

I think the best thing here to do is call in to technical support to troubleshoot because it sounds like you have everything set up ok.

(801) 336-3303