Thread: Telephone number field for deliveries

Capone's Guest

Telephone number field for deliveries

In the pizza delivery screen where you put in the telephone/account number, it would be greatly beneficial if the telephone number was automatically entered by the software, into the telephone field, either as it is being entered or once you hit enter to go to the name field.
    We have had instances recently where who-ever took the call "forgot" to enter the telephone number in the telephone field 2 times for consecutive deliveries. It caused me and my paying customers great grief, telephone calls back and forth and me wasting a tremendous amount of time going back through f8 and years of deliveries, trying to find the phone number. Isn't it always the case that the driver would want the telephone number on these 2 calls and never when the phone number has been entered?
    Yes, the customers were leaving work and gave us their home or cell phone number.
    Of course it will only print on the delivery ticket if its entered into the telephone number field.

That is a great suggestion. I don't know about automatically throwing the phone number in there because we have some users that don't do the phone number for the account number. I'll go ahead and submit over this information to our developers.
    Business Software Solutions, Inc.
    (801) 336-3303

Grazianosjurupa Guest

Unhappy I Agree

I too have suggested that the phone number be automatically copied from the account number field into the phone number field. They are supposedly "working on it." How about just an option that will only copy the number into the phone number field if we enable it in the settings? That way both people that use the phone number as the account number and those who don't wll be happy.

This is underway. It has been assigned to one of our developers. I will to post back when it is complete and available in an update.
    (801) 336-3303

This feature has been added. It should be available for download sometime today. Probably wait till tomorrow (5/7/2009) to get the update download just to make sure it's built into the latest version.

You do need to enable this option in misc. definitions. It's under the first tab at the very bottom.
    (801) 336-3303