Thread: Edit products and menu items from another computer

tjssportsbar Guest

Edit products and menu items from another computer

I am running a single computer system in my bar/restaurant and have had it up and running for about a year now. I am wondering if there is a way to have a second computer running with BPA on it so I can make changes to the menu with out having to be on the server and tie up the system while it's being used for sales. More or less an "import" of information to the server would be the best option for me. We are open so many hours of the day it leaves very little off time for making changes and perfecting my menu set up.

I would recommend a second computer attached to the server through a network.

However, they do charge station license fee's for each machine you add that is going to run bpa.

Maybe contact their technical support staff to see what they recommend.

(801) 336-3303
    Business Software Solutions, Inc.
    (801) 336-3303

kehardman Guest
    Can you edit off line and then upload to the server? Our hours are not conductive to having everyone off the system for an extended period of time while we updagte menus and products. I would like to do the editing on a laptop at home and then upload just after closing.

Quote Originally Posted by kehardman View Post
    Can you edit off line and then upload to the server? Our hours are not conductive to having everyone off the system for an extended period of time while we updagte menus and products. I would like to do the editing on a laptop at home and then upload just after closing.
    No, I don't recommend this at all. Any uploading would have to be done manually through the windows file system and if you replace the wrong files then you have a chance to lose historical sales data.

If you want to work on BPA from a different location then it is easier and in a sense "safer" to dial in using some type of remote desktop software. The only downfall is that you take control of the computer that you are dialing into. I would recommend that you have an alternate machine to do this. (i.e. back office computer)
    Business Software Solutions, Inc.
    (801) 336-3303