Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: citizen ct-s310 printer--hard to read print

jocro Guest

citizen ct-s310 printer--hard to read print

when i print a test page out of my printers, they print dark and look normal.. when i place an order from a server station and print the receipt, it is very light and hard to read... anyone have an answer to this problem.

Are you using the generic text only print driver? This is very odd because I have always seen the printers print the same darkness as the windows test.
    Business Software Solutions, Inc.
    (801) 336-3303

kwan38 Guest
    This is also happening to me. The printer I have is a Epson T85. Should I be using a generic text driver?

Use the generic/text only printer driver. It's included in all versions of windows and should solve the issue. If it does not, post back here and we can continue to troubleshoot.
    (801) 336-3303

cembego Guest
    This is also happening to me.I did it generic but still same

Well, you guys have stumped me. I've never heard of this happening before but I will try to research this problem.

What doesn't make sense to me is that there is no settings, strings, commands, etc. that effects the heat on the print head (that i'm aware of). Since it's a thermal printer the amount of heat applied will determine how dark the receipt is. Further, since we are running the generic text only driver, there are no advanced settings to adjust this. This is all based off my experience with thermal printers.

I will do some research and post back.
    (801) 336-3303

Double check to see if you still have the manufacturers driver installed through add/remove programs. One of our technicians has noticed in the past that if the driver is not being used but is still present, they will still impact how that printer prints (sometimes).
    (801) 336-3303

cembego Guest

wow

now it is working your technicion is great

but now i got this warning PRINTER NOT ACCESSIBLE

warning CT S310 printer is not accessible.Printing to the default printer

It sounds like you installed the generic text only just fine but now you need to make sure it's loaded as the receipt printer in BPA.

If you are running restaurant, go to manager functions, misc def, printers tab and load it in as the receipt printer.

Regular bpa, go to definitions, printers and forms setup, slip printer driver and load the printer.
    (801) 336-3303

cembego Guest

Talking wow2

I think this problem is over

thank you

1) uninstall driver through add/remove. Install generic text only through printers/faxes area.

2) restaurant manager functions, misc definitions, printers (tab), define the receipt and/or cooks printers.

FTP
    Last edited by Tyson; 08-05-2009 at 07:31 AM.

kyle600 Guest
    I am having the same issues, do I delete the citizen printer all together? How do I find this generic text/print only, when I try to load a driver my xp shows a list of printers and manufacturers to choose from?

Quote Originally Posted by kyle600 View Post
    I am having the same issues, do I delete the citizen printer all together? How do I find this generic text/print only, when I try to load a driver my xp shows a list of printers and manufacturers to choose from?
    In the list of manufacturers, choose 'generic'. The first option in there is 'generic/text only'.
    (801) 336-3303

kyle600 Guest
    Thank you very much Tyson, sorry for the dumb question. That seemed to fix things in the POS part of the business system module, but in my hotel management module, it is printing darker now, but the receipt printed after you check out a customer does not fit on the 3" thermal paper, everything is their expect the room amounts and totals are cut off for some reason, is there another setting I am missing? Now that it is generic what paper size should it be set to?
    Last edited by kyle600; 11-10-2009 at 05:24 PM.

kyle600 Guest
    any ideas why it is not fitting on the 3" thermal printer paper now when I do a checkout, everything is their except the numeric totals are cut off for some reason.

Paper size should be 'envelope'. That doesn't explain why the right side of your receipt is cutting off the price. Usually when I see that, people are using the manufacturers print driver.
    (801) 336-3303