Thread: Cash button

rsal Guest

Cool Cash button

I run a bar, when customers pay with a debit cards they may want some cash back. How do I program a button to that will allows me to key in a amount of cash back. Also in the bar we have pool tables and customers also like to put quarters for pool game on their Credit Cards.
    Last edited by rsal; 06-17-2008 at 02:00 PM. Reason: wrong title

Sean Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by rsal View Post
    I run a bar, when customers pay with a debit cards they may want some cash back. How do I program a button to that will allows me to key in a amount of cash back. Also in the bar we have pool tables and customers also like to put quarters for pool game on their Credit Cards.

Okay rsal, I did some research and here's what I found. In order to process debit cards and do cash back, you'd need to purchase a Pin Pad from us, and once you got it installed we'd need to go into your settings and enable the use of the pad.

Now for your second issue, We've speculated possible ways to do it. The best answer we found was for you to switch to tokens. Most credit card companies charge a different rate for cash back on cards, so you may want to call your card processing company and ask them what the policy is. But in the software the best way we've come up to do it is for you to ring up the sale, defining a product for either a dollar amount, or for a "single game", and you can set up a *tab* for the customer, and then do a petty cash payout for the change. This would balance out your drawer.

You're definitely going to want to contact your Card Processor to find out if you'd be okay doing it. Ultimately, going to tokens would save you a lot of time and hassle.