Thread: kitchen printer issues

tailgators Guest

Question kitchen printer issues

just purchased a 3 station system with back office computer, when we send orders to kitchen printer, it is symbols and all crazy. there is obviously communication, but it is not orders. how can i fix. Thanks

STEEVOH Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by tailgators View Post
    just purchased a 3 station system with back office computer, when we send orders to kitchen printer, it is symbols and all crazy. there is obviously communication, but it is not orders. how can i fix. Thanks
    Im having this problem also? Did you ever get that fixed? how?! My kitchen printer is a Citizen CD-S501. PLEASE HELP!

Madison Guest
    Make sure you have installed the correct driver.
    I use a generic driver for my epson printers.
    You can also call tech support.

Sean Guest
    TailGators, Here is the most likely reason for your issue.

If you run a self test on your kitchen printer, it will tell you what the BAUD rate is for the printer. Most likely the port is not sending data at the same speed. So here's what you do:

Go Start>Control Panel (or Start>Settings>Control Panel) Then you need to select the Icon for SYSTEM (it may be hidden. If it is, Look in the top left corner there is a link that says "Switch to Classic View". Click that. Once you've slected the System Icon, Go to the Hardware Tab, and then select the Device Manager button on that tab. Then go down to the ports. You need to know which COM or LPT port your plugged in to. Then right click on the correct port, and select properties. Then select the "Port Settings" tab, and where it says Bits Per Second, Make sure it matches what your printer printed out on it's self test page. The two most commonly used Speeds are 19200 or 9600. This will most likely fix your issue. If this doesn't resolve the issue, it may be something bigger and you really should call in for Phone Support.

cnelson88 Guest

Kitchen printer font is too small

Is there another way to make the kitchen printer font bigger other than the normal or large print option in the manager functions? My cooks refuse to use the system because when we are busy they cannot see the printout well enough. I tried going into the printer settings but that made no change to the actual print size.......
    Chris