Thread: Several questions about BPA Restaurant Pro

Elon Guest

Several questions about BPA Restaurant Pro

I'm trying to reconfigure this software for a local business' new owner who is less than tech-savvy. I'm hoping someone may have come across any of these issues and resolved them successfully. Here it goes:

Is there an ability to track petty cash? If so, where would it be found and is there any info on it in the manual that I can reference?

Servers are not clocking out, so there are sometimes issues of servers putting orders on the wrong table. Is there any way to automatically log someone off the screen after a certain amount of inactivity?

Can the bar's food orders print to both the bar and the kitchen printers?

How can I identify "to go" or "dine in" orders on the receipt/ticket printouts?

Can you add a button to "fire now" or "hold"?

Thanks for looking at this thread. Hopefully, these are possible to resolve.

Elon

>>Is there an ability to track petty cash?

Yes you have to use the Petty Cash Payout Button in the restaurant sales Misc button to record payouts which will also print a payout receipt. Then when you close your cashdrawer along with you cashdrawer close report you will get a petty cash payout report.

>>Servers are not clocking out, so there are sometimes issues of servers >>putting orders on the wrong table. Is there any way to automatically log >>someone off the screen after a certain amount of inactivity?

Go to Misc Definitions an then to the Manager tab enter a value into the "Pos Server Time Out In Seconds" field.

>>Can the bar's food orders print to both the bar and the kitchen printers?

This entirely depends on what exactly you want, if you wan a copy of the cooks ticket printed at the kitchen printer as well as the bar printer yes you can do that. If you want food items to print to the kitchen and drink items to print at the bar then yes you can do that. If you want some food orders and some drink items to print at the bar and the rest in the kitchen this is a little more complicated but can be setup. Please Post back and specify what exactly you want and would be happy to respond.

>>How can I identify "to go" or "dine in" orders on the receipt/ticket printouts?
    Currently there is not a way to do this.

>>Can you add a button to "fire now" or "hold"?

Go into Misc definitions and then to the Printer-2 tab and enable Hold and Fire, then go do a test order and then hit the Send To Cook button and you will see the hold fire screen.
    Joe

BSS Tech Support Manager / Software Engineer

Elon Guest
    Thanks Joe. I will check w/ the GM and get some clarification.