PDA

View Full Version : Clearing Sales Prior to Posting

wearearewe
04-19-2006, 09:42 AM
I'd like to toss my demo data and not post it to the general ledger or sales history. Does anyone else do this? If so which data files do I need to clear?

TIA

Tyson
08-01-2006, 03:27 PM
Well... I'm not sure what you are reffering to because you should not be using the demo at all in a live restaurant. The data from the demo should have been deleted when the full version of the software was installed.

If you mean that you set your menu up and then used that to train your staff then that is a seperate question. In that case you must clear all g/l accounts and start over. If you do this then it will remove all sales data from the system as well as inventory, time clock history (!), payroll history, gift card history, and security events.

If you are POSITIVE that you want to do this then go to the business system and press 'f9' on your keyboard. From that menu, select 'clear g/l accounts and start over'.

Just a note. I do not recommend doing this unless you are aware on what happends. Give Business Software a call if you have the slightest doubt. Their number is (801) 294-3300.