PDA

View Full Version : Defining products

steedsmith
01-19-2006, 10:36 AM
I am trying to define products such as Coke Syrup. I am not sure how to set this item up since I get it in a 2.5 gal concentrate but sell it in my restaurant as a 12 oz item. Any suggestions would be great

wearearewe
04-19-2006, 06:22 AM
You'll need to set-up a recipe and indicate that it consumes 12oz of your product. Make sure you use the same unit of measure when you enter your syrup into inventory.

wearearewe
04-19-2006, 06:24 AM
Correction...

The 12oz you refer to is the total drink volume. In your recipe indicate how much syrup is consumed to make the 12oz drink

billmh
04-19-2006, 07:16 AM
Another way of thinking about this is:

How many drinks can you make on average out of the 2.5 gallons of syrup. Kind of like a keg of beer. You buy one keg but get so many oz for beers. You may have different sizes of servings, so a recipe for each size will use so many oz. Same with the syrup.

So, you get 320oz in 2.5gals. Since you are using by the oz you use the conversion factor (CM on the product page 3 I think) you buy 1-2.5gal jug, but it converts to 320 servings.

Lets just say you have a small which uses 2oz, large 3oz and x-large that uses 4oz. The recipe for each will use 2, 3, 4 respectively, servings of your syrup.

Make sense? Same as everything you buy. You may buy a box of potatoes. 1 box translates into 60 baked potato servings. A dinner recipe uses just 1 potato