PDA

View Full Version : Size Matters

cornerstone
06-04-2005, 10:02 AM
How do I set up a Small, Medium, Large button? Do I have to list S-M-L version of each drink?? (3 for 1)
This is why I purchased the Coffe Shop "Version"
Thanks
Paul

Joe
06-06-2005, 09:27 AM
First create your Coffee product with a 0.00 price, this will be the product you assign to a menu. Then create products for a small coffee, medium coffee, and large coffee with the appropiate prices for the sizes, these products will be placed on a custom sides list for your main Coffee product.

Now add your Coffee product with 0 price to the appropiate menu using Manager Functions->Define Menu Items->Add. Make sure you enable the custom sides list for this menu item in the add window before you save.

Now create a custom side list for your Coffee product with 0 price using the Manager Functions->Item Custom Sides List in this list you will place the Small, Medium, and Large products.

Now when you choose this item from the Sales Menu it will pop up a menu allowing you to pick one of the Small, Medium, or Large Products with the appropiate appropiate price.

cornerstone
06-06-2005, 12:50 PM
Thank you. I tried that solution and while it worked function -wise, I found that operationally it was better to devide the types of drinks by the menu tabs, and to fit all sizes on the upper menu. I am using this to setup a self serve customer pre-order station. The sub menus seemed less ideal. BTB, if anyone needs a formatted menu, I am happy to share. Just email me. It is great to get a full and prompt reply,
Thanks again,
Paul

billmh
06-08-2005, 01:39 PM
I was looking at the same thing but with liquor drinks. Single and doubles. Initally, I was going to have two menu buttons one single the other double. Then create an inventory product item that is used in a recipe which would increment 1 or 2 drinks out of inventory.

The I tried the custom side method.

Using the custom side, you end up with only one menu item, but two items as an inventory items. This get ***bersome when ordering to refill stock. The way above, uses two menu items, but only one inventory item so when ordering from a vendor, you have only one item that is tracking stock.

Do I uderstand it correctly for dealing with Menu Items which is a selling product, and and inventory product as a recipe item which you use to replenish stock with through the PO and receiving process.