PDA

View Full Version : end of day procedure

foursonsbrewery
11-13-2004, 07:27 AM
At the end of the day, what is the recommended procedure for book keeping? What reports are you using? How are you analyzing your data? I would love to share your thoughts. We currently run the sales summary report. We do not like the posting report because it does not break things down by day. If for some reason you cannot post the tables each day because of an error, you then cannot see the day's totals. We also use the sales by hour, and the food cost report.

I would be interested to talk with others as to how you do your end of day and analysis.

Thanks

Thom Sauber
Four Sons Brewery

wearearewe
04-19-2006, 06:00 AM
Are you finding a lack of support here in these forums?

billmh
04-19-2006, 07:24 AM
There are a lot of viewers but few replies to questions. We all have various levels of expertise. Do not be afraid to jump in there and tell us how you do something, solved a problem, etc. I see very little interaction among the users. This is unusual compared to forums such as my motorcycle users group.

I hate to brow-beat, but we have to help each other. This questions has been asked several times, even by me, and it has never been answered. And of all the things we do in a business, this is one of the most important. Knowing how much we sell, how we did it, and who did it.

OK, I am done preaching.

Tyson
08-01-2006, 03:40 PM
Believe me, any down time here I jump straight to the forums and try to get as many posts answered as possible. This obviously can't happen all the time but I am more than happy to try and get problems solved here.

If you have the error information that you are receiving, give us a call and we can reference it.

I have had this question ("your recommendation for closing each day?") asked over and over on the phone and my answer is always the same, "I do not know". I then go on to explain that from our end, we have no idea what procedures you would like to put in place for closing each day. All bpa requires you to do is post table sales to get the numbers over to the g/l for reporting.

I would play around with the reports in bpa to see what information you would like to pull out for your book keeping.

Further, I went on site to a local company here in Salt Lake City and their procedures were:

1st - Daily Sales & Tips report for ALL servers
2nd - Close Cash Drawer. Any discrepancies can then be corrected before posting.
3rd - If everything checks out, Post Table Sales. Print posting report.
4th - Run the summary sales report.
5th - Run sales by product type & hour.

This is what they did and it seemed to work for them. Like I said before, these procedures are never the same when you compare two different companies.

Hope that helps.